Thursday 2 August 2012

Trip to the river

This is the river....I have been told that when the rain comes this spot is an amazing sight, a great torrent of water and all that you see, save the leaves on the trees, is under water.
This lake is still beautiful without water and it was calming to walk along the dry, sandy river bed in the winter sun.


Last Sunday I hopped in the troop carrier and took a drive part way down the road that leads to Chambers Pillar. Along the road, in fact right across it, is the river. I found it to be a quiet and tranquil place. Beautiful.  
The Titjikala Troop Carrier

The sandy bed and the roots of trees that would be submerged after rain


perfect light

I love this tree....I wish I had taken a better photo of it because this really doesn't show how old and strong it is.

1 comment:

  1. That last tree is so beautiful! I can't quite imagine someone as tiny as you driving that machine!! I love this blog; it makes me feel a little closer to you, despite our distance! Lots of love xox

    ReplyDelete