Sunday 12 August 2012

A tiny bit of Spring

As promise to the lovely Elise

Just a few desert wild flower that I have been fortunate enough to come cross on my treck's in the desert.
A lot of these images were taken on Sunday during a trip out bush with Jane and some of the ladies from the art centre......that is another story though.....


Its really quite remarkable to find such amazing colours in a very harsh environment. As you walk you feel the crunch of the cracked earth and the dry grasses beneath your feet.
But occasionally you wander across the path of the wild flowers                                                                          


I wish I had the names for all of these flowers however I think these look like desert violets                                                                     
These little yellow ones really looked like they were stretching for the sun

The fragile one flowers are my favourite as they have a striking purple centre but if you look at them some a distance they are just white heads swaying in the breeze   
I found this little fellow hiding under some grasses all alone


I can imagine that after the rains have come and gone the flowers comer the bush like a carpet but even without any rain for such a long time I was still able to see groups of wild flowers scattered across the ground in all directions 

    
  



No comments:

Post a Comment