Thursday 23 August 2012

Shepparton Art Museum

This is a little bit of Shameful self promotion.

I have never been very good at promoting my own work and and I will never get used to advertising exhibitions that I am taking part in but here goes......

On Friday 21st September Shepparton Art Museum opens their new exhibition containing the recent works of three artists. It is through the Sidney Myer Fund award that myself, the very talented Australian ceramicist Kirsten Coelho and the equally talented Israeli ceramicist Michal Fargo come together to present a joint exhibition of ceramic works produced over the last 6 months. 

The first half of my year was spent working away in my studio space at Sturt Pottery in order to finish a large installation of Ladders and boats (all made out of porcelain). This was a great excise in working towards a deadline and producing an art work which wasn't part of an art school assessment. This was for me.

I feel extremely lucky to be part of this exhibition, which will include a number of exciting events such as workshops (run by the artists), forum lectures and talks from amazing artists like Jeff Mincham.

If you are anywhere near Shepparton in September please come and have a look. 






No comments:

Post a Comment