Friday 31 August 2012

the artists

I can't believe it....
I very sadly had to arrange my return flight the other day which will mark the end of my internship in Titjikala.
Where oh where have the last two months gone.....

I now only have two weeks left in the desert and still so many stories to tell about the art centre and community and of course the landscape. 
While I have a little time left I can't help but look back at my first few weeks in the community. 

I don't want to say much about this post because I am hoping the images will speak for themselves  but I did want to mention that It has been the people, especially the artists, of Titjikala who have had such a profound affect on me and for that I will be forever grateful.

This is a large painting that Nita Ferguson is working on in the art centre. It has been amazing to watch Nita transform this canvas into stories with colour and design. 

This painting is about happy memories of Grandmothers.






No comments:

Post a Comment