Saturday 28 July 2012

When we get to play with clay


So for the last 4 or 5 days I have had a wheel at the art centre. The first Saturday it arrived I was so excited to start throwing again. The art centre is closed on a Saturday so I had a beautiful light filled, quiet space in which to work. I really started to get back into the swing of things again and before the end of the day I had about 30 bowls ready and waiting for the artists to decorate with their beautiful designs and marks.
My little corner in the centre.

So come Monday we mixed up some slip from the natural clay pan in Titjikala and painted the deep red, brown clay onto the bowls. Then it was time for the artists to make their mark.
Margret and Marlene  


Marcia
This is one of the young men. I have been told he is usually very reluctant to make any art work....... 
and June

No comments:

Post a Comment