Tuesday 31 July 2012

The Moody Sky


I had to look this cloud formation up.....it is called a Cirrostratus.

Last Saturday on the drive back from Alice Springs at about 5pm(stocking up on supplies) The sky began to change dramatically. The clouds come over and and made the most amazing patterns in the sky and cast beautiful shadows on the land. It may have been because the sky seems to go on forever or because the landcape is so open an free from construction scars but I dont think I have ever seen the evening light and then the sun set quite like this.  
    
The vast sky and the funny little hill in the middle of this landscape
The I think this is the stratocumulus cloud....well year 7 geography was a long time ago now so I am not sure.....beautiful though
     
The sun began to set and I held my breath. this was stunning and the pictures don't do it justice

These are one of my favourite clouds the Cirrocumulus. I also loved the little black outlines of the trees. 

 It seem that I can always be in awe of this place.....
 The next day the clouds were still lingering in the sky and I wondered if it meant rain was coming so I asked some of the women in the art centre.....I thought if anyone would know they would....I got a resounding 'no' to my question. It just meant that the seasons would be changing soon. Can't wait for a desert spring now.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! What amazing skies. The vastness is so grounding.

    ReplyDelete