Friday 19 October 2012

My desert home and a Quandong tree

It has been over a month since I got on a plane and flew away from Titjikala and all that I had called home for the previous 10 weeks. 

It was not an easy thing to leave the art centre the people and the landscape behind. The incredible impact it had on my life is something that I will always carry with me.

On our road trip to Ernabella we came across this little Quandong tree on the side of the road....it was so full of the bright red fruit that we did a U-turn on the highway and pull up on the side of the road to pick a bag full. These fruits have an almost savoury tasting skin and a wonderful extrude seed which can be dried and used to make beaded jewellery. 



good old troop carrier took us there and back again

No comments:

Post a Comment