Wednesday 5 September 2012

Titjikala from the sky

This next post is brought to you by a dear friend (and geography nerd.) When I opened my emails this afternoon I was delighted to find a lovely, cheery email with images attached for the wonderful Sian. 

She wanted outlining the magnitude of this country and just how far in the desert Titjikala really is.

I loved the colour of the earth and the patterns of the sand dune ridges, dry creek and river beds and roads 

The landscape in the desert has left a lasting impression on me and these google satellite images illustrate the environment that surrounds Titjikala....just a little bit remote.
    

Thats us...right there under the red dot with all that beautiful backyard to wander.

The longest line of trees you can see running vertically through the left hand side of the images shows the creek. On the left hand side of the creek is where I have been living (In one of the houses with the very green, green lawn. The larger clump of buildings on that same side is the school. Then on the other side of the creek is most of the community. Take a right turn down the first road (at the red dot (not usually there)) the art centre is one of the first buildings in the large cluster.
  
Thank you my friend these pictures made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment