Sunday 27 May 2012

The genius of Leunig

These last few weeks have been quite strange....apart from developing a very annoying and persistent cold I have also started to feel the pressure of looming deadlines and the stress of expectations. Up until this year I have always found so much joy in making works for myself and exploring way of incorporating narrative into my ceramic work. It is only now that I realise it is not just my involvement in the work that matters. 
I recently received an email from my friend Andrew, who has been such a great observer of my state of mind while I work on my current project, in this email were two Leunig images that he had related to my ladder and boat forms. These were such a lovely reminder of how beautiful and profound Leunig's artwork is. They echoed a lot of how I have been over thinking things lately. time to think more intuitively. Thanks Andrew.   
both these images really speak for themselves.... 

I love the name of the boat. The Sea Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment